[an error occurred while processing this directive]
EC&M 2008 NEC Code Change Conferences
Over 4700 proposals were submitted to the NFPA to be included in the 2008 cycle of the National Electrical Code (NEC). Of these, only a few hundred are critical to most in the electrical construction industry. EC&M’s 2008 NEC Code Change Conferences, and presenter Mike Holt, will focus on those critical changes included in the following NEC chapters:
- Chapter 1 -- General
- Chapter 2 -- Wiring And Protection
- Chapter 3 -- Articles
- Chapter 4 -- Equipment for General Use
- Chapter 5 -- Special Occupancies
- Chapter 6 -- Special Equipment
- Chapter 7 -- Special Conditions
- Chapter 8 -- Communication Systems
EC&M Arc Flash Symposiums
Every year, more than 2,000 workers are treated in burn centers with severe arc flash injuries. The flash is immediate, but the results can cause severe injuries that last months, years—even a lifetime. In some cases, they may cause death.
Fortunately, following safety precautions and using the recommended personal protective equipment can reduce arc flash hazards.
EC&M University’s Arc Flash Symposiums will cover the following topics:
- The Validity of Arc Flash Energy Levels
- Calculating Arc Flash Energy Levels
- Conducting an Arc Flash Site Analysis
- Differences between NFPA 70E and IEEE 1584
- Arc Flash Hazard Prevention by Design
- Advancements in Personal Protective Equipment
- NFPA 70E Update
- Low Voltage Shock Damage to Human Body
- Using Software Programs for Arc Flash Analysis
- Case Studies of Arc Flash Hazard Mitigation
Want to use this article? Click here for options!
© 2014 Penton Media Inc.